Henan Institute of Science and Technology (HIST) is located in the northern Henan plain - Xinxiang. Xinxiang is the political, economic, cultural and transportation center of the north Henan province, enjoying abundant natural resources, fertile land, and convenient transportation. Xinxiang has a long history, and is one of the birthplaces of ancient civilization of the Chinese nation. Here, there is elegant environment, pleasant scenery, rich tourism resources, as well as other human landscapes such as: Bigan Temple, Luwang Tomb, Baiyun Temple, Hundred Fountains, Wanxian Mountain, Bali Ditch, Jinghua Park etc. Long history, splendid culture and beautiful environment are ideal places for students to cultivate themselves and study.
HIST is a well-developed provincial university. Founded in 1939, it has a long history and profound cultural background. It adheres to the fine tradition of “realism and pragmatism, profession and dedication” and the spirit of “hard struggle and self-motivation”, and has formed the multi-level and comprehensive educational pattern majoring in the undergraduate education, combining with postgraduate education, higher vocational education, and adult higher education etc.
HIST covers an area of 2,176 mu, now has 21 academic schools, consisting 65 undergraduate programs, covering 9 main discipline classes. There are 27,214 full-time students. It owns 12 first-level authorized disciplines of academic master degree and 7 authorized disciplines of professional master degree. It also possesses a teaching staff of reasonable structure and good quality, with over 1,638 staff members, including 1,211 full-time teachers. Among these academic teachers, 106 of them are professors, 334 of them areassociate professors, 380 of them are doctoral and master supervisors, 7 of them are Double-employed Academicians and Central Plains Scholar, 24 of them areprovincial or college Specially-appointed Professors.
HIST has actively carried out international academic exchanges and cooperation with over 20 universities in the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Ukraine etc. It has conducted cooperation in running schools with the University of South Australia, established Sino-Ukraine International Joint Graduate School with Sumy National Agrarian University, Ukraine, co-constructed HIST-ECU Lab of Crop Genomics and Genetic Improvement with East Carolina University, built an automation lab with Rockwell Automation of the United States, and established Agricultural and Animal Husbandry Science and Technology Demonstration Center in Kyrgyzstan. Meanwhile, foreign experts from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, etc. are employed to teach throughout the year.
I.Category, length of study, conditions and material requirements for international students
Note:1. According to theMeasures for the Administration of Recruitment and Training of International Students, jointly formulated by the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Public Security, the applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen with good health and good conduct, willing to abide by the laws of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the university, and respect the customs and habits of the Chinese people.
2. All application materials other than the application form and copy of passport shall be notarized copies, which shall be translated into Chinese or English and notarized by the local notary office if the application materials are not in Chinese or English version. All scanned copies shall be sent to the email box (email@example.com).
3. The above application materials will not be returned regardless of admission.
4. The enrollment of students in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region and Taiwan, as well as the enrollment of children of foreign nationals in China shall be conducted in accordance with other relevant national regulations.
II. Programs for non-degree students
Note:The compulsory courses from Monday to Friday are 16 hours, and the elective courses are about 8 hours.
III. Catalogue of majors for degree students
1. List of Undergraduate Majors in HIST (see Attachment 2)
2. Codes and Names of Authorized Disciplines (Fields) for Master’s Degree in HIST (see Attachment 3)
1. Tuition fee
2. Accommodation fee
3. Other relevant expenses
Note:International students must purchase the insurance during the studying in HIST. The medical insurance purchased by international students shall include at least personal accident and hospitalization medical insurance. International students can purchase medical insurance by themselves before coming to China, or after arriving HIST.
V. Registration time and enrollment plan
The enrollment period for degree students is from Mar. 1 to May 15 in 2019, and advanced students can register at any time. A total of 200 international students will be enrolled in the 2019-2020 academic year.
Students can apply for scholarships for foreign students of Henan province and Presidential Scholarship of HIST (see Attachment 4).
VII. Examination and Admission
1. After the applicant submits all the application materials, HIST will review the application. The university may request the applicant to provide supplementary materials as the circumstances require.
2. The university will select applicants according to their high school or university grades or above and their comprehensive language ability.
3. The university will usually send the admission materials of Admission Letter for International Students of HIST and Application Form for the Visa of Foreign Students to China to the applicant by international express within 15 working days after the approval of the application material.
1. The successful applicant shall apply for Study Visa in the Chinese embassies or consulates in foreign countries with the Admission Letter for International Students of HIST, Application Form for the Visa of Foreign Students to China and Physical Examination Report, etc.
2. The successful applicant shall register at the School of International Education, HIST, within time limit as specified by Admission Letter for International Students of HIST with the original Admission Letter for International Students of HIST, Foreigners’ Medical Examination Record, and Application Form for the Visa of Foreign Students to China.
3. Upon registration, the university will check the original application materials. If the original documents are inconsistent with the scanned documents submitted at the time of application, the student’s admission qualification will be cancelled.
IX. Payment method
The tuition fee and accommodation fee shall be paid when the students enroll in HIST.
X. Transportation guides
HIST is located in the southeast of Xinxiang with convenient transportation, about 2km away from Beijing-Hong Kong-Macau expressway intersection, about 7km away from Xinxiang High-Speed Railway Station, about 12 km away from Xinxiang Railway Station, and about 100 km away from Xinzheng International Airport. The students can arrive at HIST from High-Speed Railway Station by a taxi, take bus No. 5 at Railway Station and get off at the terminal station, or take bus No. 55 or bus No. 185 and get off at Xinxiang Medical University Station, take the airport bus at Xinzheng International Airport to Xinxiang International Hotel, then take bus No. 5 and get off at the terminal station.
XI. Contact Information
Address: School of International Education, HIST
No. 90, Eastern Hualan Road, Hongqi District, Xinxiang, Henan, PRC
Telephone No.: 86+373+3040139
1. APPLICATION FORM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STUDY IN HIST
2. List of Undergraduate Majors in HIST
3. Codes and Names of Authorized Disciplines (Fields) for Master’s Degree in HIST
4. Regulations of Presidential Scholarship for International Students of HIST (Interim)
School of International Education
Henan Institute of Science and Technology